“It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.”
A lot has changed at Daylight Center and School in the past year. We are excited about the many children who are being educated, and loved, and who are being encouraged to grow into leaders in their communities. We want to share our excitement with you. Here are some of our biggest accomplishments from this last year:
- Attendance has grown to 200 students from 130 students since May of this year. More and more parents and guardians are excited to send their children to school, even if it means one less child to help herd animals.
- Daylight’s first dormitory is now complete, thanks to the generosity of our supporters! Previously, families in the Daylight community have hosted students who come from great distances.
- Our new Adult and Child Literacy Program in the rural village of Alale enables children and parents to take entry-level classes in reading and math.
- New U.S.-based staff hire, (Rachel), started working part-time this past June, thanks to private funding. Previously, volunteers were solely responsible for fundraising for Daylight. But as Daylight has grown, so has the work!
- Our beautiful new website features a reorganized user-friendly menu, as well as images and video that will be updated regularly with the latest Daylight news.
We feel blessed by the progress Daylight has made since its creation in 2008. And we recognize we could not have journeyed this far without the work of God and the generosity of our supporters. Thank you, thank you!
We have accomplished so much, and there is still so much to accomplish! For example, Daylight is in need of a dependable water supply system. Currently, staff and students get clean water through pipes from the Kapenguria township, but these pipes run dry far too often as drought is a common issue. Installing a water supply system directly on the Daylight property would insure that staff and students have access to clean water at all times. The total cost of this water supply system is $5,250.00.
Please consider making a year-end gift for this and other needs online. All donations are tax-deductible thanks to our partner 501(c)3, House of Mercy.
Thank you. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!