The U.S. Board of Daylight School and Center in Kenya is seeking new board members!
All skills and backgrounds are encouraged to apply! We are especially looking for board members with a background in accounting, lawyers with a background in non-profit law, teaching/education background, fundraising and grant writing experience, and people from Kenya and/or Africa.
We always appreciate when board members have been to Daylight Kenya or had a significant experience with Kenyan or other African cultures.We are accepting applications immediately and will be reviewing them on a continual basis through the month of November. A limited number of vacancies are available. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by November 30, 2017.
Newly selected Board Members will begin serving as early as January, 2018. Board Members commit to the following:
1. Support Daylight Kenya though resourcing strategic and sustainable plans that ensure our supporters’ resources are being invested effectively.
2. Continue to grow in your understanding of Kenyan culture, international development, and non-profit best practices.
1. A two-year commitment to actively participate in 75% of monthly two-hour board meetings, which are held on the first Monday of each month, and a yearly one-day board retreat.
2. Board members should expect a time commitment of 4-6 hours each month.
1. Inviting people in your network to learn more about how they can support Daylight.
2. Helping secure adequate financial resources for Daylight to fulfill our mission.
Thank you for your willingness to serve the children, staff, and supporters in this important role!