Wanna support Daylight in a fun way? Host a Daylight Dinner Party…
A Daylight Dinner Party is an opportunity for you to share Daylight with your friends and family in a relaxed environment, and in the comfort of your own home. It is a time to enjoy each other’s company, eat good food, and learn about and support the important work of this school.
How It Works
Customize your dinner party by filling out the Customized Dinner Plan document. And submit your plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you submit your plan, we will schedule a Daylight board member or staff person to attend your dinner party, and provide you with dinner invitation postcards to send your guests. After that, you are simply responsible for inviting your guests, and providing food and beverage!
The suggested order of events for your party is as follows:
1. Introductions. Serve beverages when guests first arrive and make introductions. Consider making chai tea, a Kenyan staple!
2. Video. The Daylight representative will bring a short Daylight-introductory video to share.
3. Dinner. Serve either your own dinner menu, or use the suggestions in the plan below and serve food that is common in Kenya and that the children at Daylight eat.
a. Optional food activity (see dinner plan document).
4. Presentation. During, or immediately after dinner, the Daylight representative will talk more about Daylight, its current needs, and perhaps show another brief video.
5. Discussion. The Daylight representative may raise questions for discussion, and assist in answering questions from your guests. The Daylight representative will also have Daylight informational materials available for your guests.